Thursday, June 30, 2011

the case of one-room

it was not love at first sight.
out of desperation, i was a stray cat in need of shelter.
and i found this one room.
imagine this:
i could reach the fridge while lying down on mattress.
the kitchen only good for one butt.
my bathroom is on the stage and
the glass is visible, i need stickers to avoid nudity.
the door open backward, my guests hate it.
small space. two is a crowd.
stuffy at times. igloo at one time.

but then again,
the wallpaper has wiped my tears.
the floor witnessed my laughter.
i drew my dreams and fantasies on the ceiling.
tiny kitchen turned me into chef.
the door reminds me of surprises.
the bathroom became my beauty spa.
the space was laden with memories.
every corner worth more than it seems.
every little thing was a lesson of gratefulness.

how could i not be grateful?

No comments:

Post a Comment